Social Media Manager
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Benefits:||Position is eligible for benefits. |
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Full Time|
|Description:||Considerations: This position often requires after-hours work to create social media coverage of Institute news and current events. This position may also be required to be housed in Park City, UT during the Sundance Film Festival.|
Position Summary: The Social Media Manager is responsible for executing editorial content for Sundance Institute’s social media platforms and drive efforts to increase traffic, followers and visitor engagement.
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities: |
• Develop and maintain content themes and daily posts for social media platforms. Write all social media content and edit copy requests from staff. Maintain quality control over content submitted by staff, artists, third party providers and sponsors.
• Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing department to integrate social media content and strategies with overall Communications team efforts.
• Monitor news and current events and propose social media coverage related to Institute artists, projects, etc.
• Manage the Social Media editorial calendar.
• Assist in the long-term strategic editorial and platform planning.
• Troubleshoot and analyze editorial/blogging conflicts and issues. Ensure content accuracy as well as adhesion to staff and guess privacy policies.
• Assist with the development of policies and written standards for content and staff access to social media platforms as well as reuse and syndication of materials supplied by content contractors, freelancers and outside contributors.
• Ensure adherence to all legal requirements for publication with regard to copyrights, trademarks, photo credits, clearances, etc. Also ensure protection of the Institute’s intellectual property.
• Analyze social media usage and traffic to recommend additional platforms and tools, including iPhone/iPad/Android applications that will further the Institute’s social media efforts.
• Hire, train and supervise designated Festival and seasonal staff.
Other duties as assigned.
Ranking of Responsibilities:
Social Media Management – 100%
|Qualifications:||Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.|
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 years experience developing, assigning and editing content for the Web: copy, photography, video and social media projects all apply.
• Experience with live event coverage preferred.
• Experience with video production strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with Photoshop and photo editor processes.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge with CMS systems, Expression Engine is preferred.
• Familiarity with online publishing software, Google analytics and traffic-monitoring tools, RSS readers, and basic HTML is required.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy level.
• Must be a creative thinker with strong persuasive content production skills.
• Must be self directed, multi-task oriented and possess the abilities to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated expert level knowledge in social media management, platforms and tools.
• Ability to post and use ftp, Cloud and DropBox systems for exchanging assets.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.