Associate Manager, Press Office
|Location:||Park City, UT|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||Employment Dates: 10/17/2012-2/15/2013|
Considerations: Extended hours and weekend work will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be required to work holidays as needed and be housed in Park City for the Film Festival.
Position Summary: Position will support Sundance Film Festival’s media relations effort by coordinating incoming and outgoing information, and assisting with the administration, planning, and execution of the Festival Press Office.
|Duties:||• Manage department calendar including volunteer schedule, press line schedule, and event schedule (up to 75 items per day during the Festival).|
• Manage festival distribution of publicist packets and journalist packets.
• Oversee the set up of the HQ Press Office includes signage, equipment needs, etc.
• Monitor the Institute’s extensive press coverage and distribute to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Distribute press releases to the media and coordinate posting press releases to the festival website.
• Identify and upload images and materials for the press digital assets website.
• Log press coverage in database, ensuring it is searchable.
• Generate media coverage reports about announcements, initiatives, and internal requests as needed.
• Assist with implementing day to day media requests specifically article fact checks, photo requests, and video requests.
• Update journalists on festival screening schedule and event changes through social media and email alerts.
• Maintain press contacts database and distribution lists.
• Assist with creating targeted media lists.
• Manage, train, and evaluate 1 festival assistant coordinator.
• Set up and manage staff and volunteer trainings and meetings; includes Press Department and other departments as requested.
• Assist with creating a Press Office training manual.
• Update other department training documents specific to Press Department functions.
• Manage the Press Office volunteers and work with the volunteer department to place over 40 volunteers.
• Ensure departmental deadlines are being met.
• Serve as the at-fest resource for volunteers and staff.
• Assist the Sundance Industry Office in obtaining and distributing attendance reports.
• Oversee all aspects of a designated media space including implementing and enforcing policy and procedures, securing appropriate furniture and signage, and scheduling staff and volunteers.
• Schedule wrap meetings with key departments before their festival staff’s employment ends.
• Complete a festival wrap report for this position.
Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.|
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3 years experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or Special Event Publicity.
• Experience managing others.
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field preferred.
• Experience working a large event preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple demands.
• Professional attitude and presence.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet research capabilities.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality required.
• Valid driver’s license and successful completion of DMV background check required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.